MANDATORY SUSPENSION OF CFSC/CRFSC COURSES AND EXAMS IN ALL REGIONS EFFECTIVE JANUARY 5, 2022.
In response to recent trends that show an increase in COVID-19 hospitalizations, the Ontario government, in consultation with the Chief Medical Officer of Health, is temporarily moving the province into a modified Step Two of its Roadmap to Reopen.
As a result of this change, all CFSC and CRFSC courses and examinations will be suspended across the Province of Ontario effective 12:01 am January 5, 2022, until further notice.
The training provided in the Canadian Restricted Firearms Safety Course (CRFSC) prepares students with beginner level knowledge on the responsibilities of possessing and using restricted firearms, their safe use and handling as well as storage of firearms and ammunition. (This course requires successful completion of the CFSC course to participate). The course takes a minimum of 6 hours to complete not including the written and practical test.
You will learn:
- Basic firearms safety practices
- Ammunition types and storage
- Operating firearm actions
- Safe handling and carry procedures
- Responsibilities of the firearms owner/user
- Safe storage, display, transportation, and handling of firearms
- Aged 18+ to apply for PAL with restricted privileges
- Minors may take the CRFSC course for educational purposes only with parental consent (To apply for a PAL after the age of 18, students must retake the course and pass the written and practical exams)
- Successful completion of CFSC course
- Students may take the CFSC and CRFSC together as a Back-to-Back course for a discounted rate
- 100% course attendance is required to complete the test
- Retests must be taken within 30 days
Students may purchase the Student Manual in advance of the course to prepare for the in-person course.