The training provided in the Canadian Firearms Safety Course (CFSC) prepares students with beginner level knowledge on the responsibilities of possessing and using non-restricted firearms, their safe use and handling as well as storage of firearms and ammunition. The course takes a minimum of 8 hours to complete not including the written and practical test.
Search for a course here:
You will learn:
- Basic firearms safety practices
- Ammunition types and storage
- Operating firearm actions
- Safe handling and carry procedures
- Responsibilities of the firearms owner/user
- Safe storage, display, transportation, and handling of firearms
- Minors who successfully complete the CFSC course can apply for a Minor’s Licence (2)
- Under 18 – Parental consent required for minors
- Students may take the CFSC and CRFSC together as a Back-to-Back course for a discounted rate
- 100% course attendance is required to complete the test
- Retests must be taken within 30 days
Students may purchase the Student Manual in advance of the course to prepare for the in-person course.