A packaged course of the Canadian Firearms Safety Course (CFSC) and the Ontario Hunter Education Program offered by select instructors certified to teach both. The course covers all the material required to obtain a Possession and Acquisition Licence (PAL) and an Outdoors Card for hunting. The Canadian Firearms Safety Course (CFSC) prepares students with beginner-level knowledge on the responsibilities of possessing and using non-restricted firearms, their safe use and handling as well as storage of firearms and ammunition. The Ontario Hunter Education Program helps students understand the natural world and become knowledgeable and responsible hunters.
The FSESO administers the Canadian Firearms Safety (CFSC) portion of this course. The Ontario Hunter Education Program is administered by the Ontario Federation of Anglers and Hunters in partnership with the Ontario Ministry of Northern Development, Mines, Natural Resources and Forestry.
Search for a course here:
In the CFSC, you will learn:
- Basic firearms safety practices
- Ammunition types and storage
- Operating firearm actions
- Safe handling and carry procedures
- Responsibilities of the firearms owner/user
- Safe storage, display, transportation, and handling of firearms
- Minors who successfully complete the CFSC course can apply for a Minor’s Licence (2)
Details on the Ontario Hunter Education Program can be found here.
- Under 18 – Parental consent required for minors
- 100% course attendance is required to complete the test
- Retests must be taken within 30 days
Students may purchase the Student Manual in advance of the course to prepare for the in-person course.